Effective May 2021
The protection of personal information is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting your Privacy.
The privacy practices of this statement apply to the website located at http://www.CrowdieLove.com and to personal information collected from the different interactions you may have with us as a business including through our social media pages, our websites, through in person meetings with our teams, phone calls, e mails or through any of our competitions or promotions.
When we talk about “us”, “we” or “our” we mean the business that operates the website. The CrowdieLove website is owned and operated by DANE Strategies LLC, a company incorporated in Louisiana, United States. DANE Strategies LLC is the controller of the data collected and is responsible for its use and protection.
As we operate a crowdfunding platform, campaign creators on our platform run fundraising projects and reach out to others for funding. Campaign creators may also be data controllers and be separately legally responsible for the use of your information in connection with those projects.
When we talk about “you”, we mean the person using our website or services.
You should be aware that when you provide information to us using a third-party site or social media platform, the information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party site or platform.
Please also keep in mind that our site and services may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site or services and to read the policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
How we collect data: We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your use of our website and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Data that you provide to us:
This is information about you that you give to us when:
- submitting personal information via our website
- following us, interacting with us and posting on our social media pages
- participating in surveys for research purposes
- you visit our offices
- we interact with you at events
- you engage us to provide consulting or management services
- corresponding with us by phone, email or in another way.
This information is provided by you entirely voluntarily
For example, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account or a Campaign, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and last name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact us, create a Campaign, or make a Contribution to a Campaign.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts.
- Information sent directly to another user, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information.
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices.
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services. You may pledge to a project as a user by providing only an email address. However, to adjust your pledge, save payment details for future pledges, make project comments and take most other actions on our website, you will need to finish creating an account. You may review, change or remove your information through your account settings.
Data we may receive from other sources
We may obtain certain personal information about you from other sources (including those outside of our business) which may include our suppliers and our clients. The third parties that may send us personal information about you include for example:
Social media networks
Please note we do not knowingly collect personal information about children or personal data that is ‘sensitive data’ from a legal perspective or that relates to criminal convictions or offences. Please do not provide this information to us whether directly or by posting it to the website. If we knowingly receive this type of information, we will promptly delete it
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable us to provide you with our services, and to improve and promote our services;
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience (for example, to show you projects that we think may interest you based on your previous use); and
- To track and analyse use of the services so that we can improve how we are performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
How We Share This Information
We will share information in the following ways:
- When you create a campaign, we create a profile page for you on CrowdieLove which becomes public when a campaign is submitted and approved. This information may then be shared on social media or with any of our marketing partners to assist in helping you provide funding and publicity for your campaign.
Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When you contribute to a campaign, so that the campaign creator can send you rewards, provide you with customer service, conduct market research, and comply with obligations.
Please note that once we share your personal information with a campaign creator, the information received by the campaign creator is controlled by them and becomes subject to their privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like accounting, web development, marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- When we share your personal information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our Terms or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our Users and third parties, to comply with legal process (including to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements), or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
Your controls and choices of your data
The laws in some jurisdictions require us to provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your data. To the extent those laws apply to you, your controls and choices may include:
- Updating, and deleting your registration account;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- Controlling whether you want us to access location information, such as by controlling or disabling location services in your mobile device’s settings menu;
- Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your devices, for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads;
- Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including contacting by contacting us at info@CrowdieLove.com, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads).
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions please contact us at info@CrowdieLove.com
European Economic Area Resident Users
The laws in the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions require a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information. For citizens or residents of the European Economic Area our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the services, enable creators to establish and display their projects, and enable supporters to find and make pledges to them.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws may require us to retain records of pledges and payments made through our services.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.We analyse how users interact with our website so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
In addition, users in the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances.
They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways for example, we might still decide to contact you regarding potential fraud on your account.
- Users in the European Economic Area have the right to opt-out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, they may contact us at info@CrowdieLove.com.
- In addition to these rights, users in the European Economic Area have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first at info@CrowdieLove.com, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern in the first instance.
Security and the Protection of Your Data
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL). However, ‘perfect security’ does not exist on the internet and no method of transmission or electronic storage is completely secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
Our Site and social media pages may contain links to other websites run by other organisations which we do not control. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
If you linked to our website from a third-party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party website.
Retention of Data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect our legal rights.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request. Please send requests to info@CrowdieLove.com with the heading Data Request.
Data transfers, storage, and processing globally
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use CrowdieLove their own. we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our services.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at info@CrowdieLove.comIf we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as quickly as possible.
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and, where appropriate, by contacting you by email. We recommend you regularly check this page for changes and review this policy.
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason using our webform or email at info@CrowdieLove.com